"No story lives on unless someone wants to listen. The stories we love best do live in us forever. So whether you come back by page or by the big screen. Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home." -- J.K. Rowling



Person: "What are you suppose to be?"
Me: *Points to ears* "I'm a dragon, duh!"

Please Don't Go, I'll Eat You Up I Love You So....

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

RELEASE Day Review: FUSE by Julianna Baggott!!

"When the world ended, those who dwelled within the Dome were safe. Inside their glass world the Pures live on unscarred, while those outside—the Wretches—struggle to survive amidst the smoke and ash.

Believing his mother was living among the Wretches, Partridge escaped from the Dome to find her. Determined to regain control over his son, Willux, the leader of the Pures, unleashes a violent new attack on the Wretches. It’s up to Pressia Belze, a young woman with her own mysterious past, to decode a set of cryptic clues from the past to set the Wretches free.

An epic quest that sweeps readers into a world of beautiful brutality, Fuse continues the story of two people fighting to save their futures—and change the fate of the world."


If you read my review of Pure, the first book in the Pure Trilogy then you know that I LOVED that book. It was dark, it was twisted, it was sad and beautiful and real. I devoured and adored it.

Sadly, it is often the case in a book series that the sophomore books is lacking, as if the author ran outta steam when writing it. It just does not measure up to its predecessor, which obviously, sucks and Fuse by Juliana Baggott was not one of those books!!

(did i get ya?)

It was flawless.

Truly. I loved this book even more then Pure. I read it much quicker which is crazy 'cus it was longer, but I couldn't help it. It was incredible.

Julianna has the ability to write such beautiful prose that is not only a treat for wordeaters, but it also progresses the story along in quick, sharp and intelligent succession so that there is never a dull moment.

The stakes are up from Pure and everyone, from Pressia, to Patridge to Lydia and Bradwell and El Captian are being challenged and threatened to such extremes that everything is changing for not only them, but the world as they know it. I CANNOT give anything away, 'cus you need to be surprised, but if you thought you knew this world, you knew nothin'!

The plot runs like a well oiled machine and everything starts to come together like a mad treasure hunt only for it all to be devastated and buried with lies and deceit. Fuse was an endless whirlwind that I was consumed by and I have not a clue how I can wait a year for the final installment in this beautifully strange series.

It's gonna be a long year....

.....But it will be worth it!!

BUY HERE NOW!!

Have you read Pure??

Are you gonna read Fuse?

Love it?

Nay?

Thoughts???

-V


3 comments:

  1. I loved your free! I am going to order to my Kindle once I get paid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review! I am so pumped to read it. I read Pure back in Sept. and it has been a terrible wait for Fuse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cover is so beautiful and simple. Love your review.

    ReplyDelete