"No story lives on unless someone wants to listen. The stories we love best do live in us forever. So whether you come back by page or by the big screen. Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home." -- J.K. Rowling



Person: "What are you suppose to be?"
Me: *Points to ears* "I'm a dragon, duh!"

Please Don't Go, I'll Eat You Up I Love You So....

Friday, February 8, 2013

Lauren Olivers' DELIRIUM TV Series LENA Gets Cast!!!

"Emma Roberts has been tapped as the lead of Delirium, Fox‘s drama pilot from Karyn Usher, 20th TV and Chernin Entertainment. Based on Lauren Oliver’s bestselling book trilogy about a world where love is deemed illegal and can be eradicated with a special procedure. With 95 days to go until her scheduled treatment, Lena Holoway (Roberts) does the unthinkable: she falls in love. Usher executive produces the pilot with Peter Chernin, Katherine Pope and Paula Mazur.

This marks Roberts’ return to television, where she rose to fame as the teenage star of the Nickelodeon series Unfabulous. The actress, daughter of Eric Roberts and niece of Julia Roberts, had been focused on features for the past six years despite multiple pilot offers from the broadcast networks. Roberts, repped by CAA and manager David Sweeney, recently completed the New Line comedy We’re The Millers, Lionsgate’s Empire State and the indie Palo Alto Stories." Courtesy of Deadline.com

Personally, I do not like this.

I have nothing against Emma Roberts, I think she is beautiful and a good actress, but all I will see when I watch her playing Lena is just that - Emma Roberts playing Lena. For me they should have gotten someone more unknown to be Lena so we could visualize Lena completely and then just cast bigger names as the other characters.

Hrm.

I'm not sure. I really hope this works out, not only for us fans, but for Lauren Oliver herself. It must be really amazing to know your book will be brought to life airing every single week on TV.

Only time shall tell--

What do you think??

Good choice??

Bad?

--V

5 comments:

  1. It is an interesting choice. I am curious to see how the entire show will turn out. We're not talking about a long running book series here so I wonder if they will be liberal with adding content to draw out the show. If that's the case, the entire thing may fall apart. Who knows, right? I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm not hating the idea of Emma but I'll reserve final judgment until after the pilot episode. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her! Scream 4 she was great, but I know what youre saying. She doesn't seem to fit the bill in regards to her just being seemingly herself in every role she plays. idk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg no! Her mouth is just so big and distracting. Hate this choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I mean she is pretty, but Lena is..I just imagined different as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is the best choice in my book. She really looks exactly how I imagined Lena to be.

    ReplyDelete