"No story lives on unless someone wants to listen. The stories we love best do live in us forever. So whether you come back by page or by the big screen. Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home." -- J.K. Rowling



Person: "What are you suppose to be?"
Me: *Points to ears* "I'm a dragon, duh!"

Please Don't Go, I'll Eat You Up I Love You So....

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

ALL New BRIDGET JONES Book Coming SOON?!!?

"Alfred A. Knopf announced that it plans to publish Helen Fielding's new Bridget Jones book, her third, in November 2013. Horrifying math: the original Bridget Jones's Diary came out 17 years ago. I now pronounce myself (and Bridget) old.

Fielding broke the news that she was working on the book last November on an English radio program. She's said very little about it, except that Bridget will be tweeting as well as still dieting, it will be set in contemporary London anad it won't follow the same storyline as the possibly ill-fated third Bridget Jones movie, which reportedly involves our Bridget having a baby. (I say possibly ill-fated because good old dodgy Hugh Grant has been a bit dodgy about whether or not he wants to do it--he's in, he's out, he's in again--and producer Working Title Films has copped to some kinks with the screenplay.) She also mentioned that Bridget is still dieting. Here's what she told the BBC's Woman's Hour:

"In the same way as the first Bridget book was looking at the way a 30-something single woman was branded as a tragic spinster, and then we got the new idea of a singleton, [the new book] will be looking at later phases in life when you get branded as a certain thing," she said, "and you don't have to be that at all and it's all outdated and ridiculous. I'm having a lot of fun and it's very funny and it's making me laugh. It's a bit scary bringing out another one but I'm really enjoying writing it."

I interviewed Fielding way back when the first book came out in the States. It was already the rage in England. We had tea at the Ritz in San Francisco and Fielding was lovely and way more together than you'd ever imagine the creator of our favorite mess would be. This was at a point when I was a childless singleton looking for love and was so taken with Bridget that I wrote the entire interview in Fielding's style. I had her sign my book. Doubtless, I fawned. (Seventeen years ago people.)"
Courtesy of MSN.com


Love the books???

Love the films??

'xcited?

Don't care??

Lemme Know!

--V

3 comments:

  1. No Way!! I love this films. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol poor Renee. She is going to have to gain all that weight back.

    ReplyDelete