"No story lives on unless someone wants to listen. The stories we love best do live in us forever. So whether you come back by page or by the big screen. Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home." -- J.K. Rowling



Person: "What are you suppose to be?"
Me: *Points to ears* "I'm a dragon, duh!"

Please Don't Go, I'll Eat You Up I Love You So....

Friday, November 30, 2012

SHIVER's Maggie Stiefvater and Her Words of Advice!!


I'm Maggie, professional novelist by day and artist by night. All of my life decisions have been based around my inability to be gainfully employed. Talking to yourself, staring into space, and coming to work in your pajamas are frowned upon when you're a waitress, calligraphy instructor, or technical editor (all of which I've tried), but are highly prized traits in novelists and artists. I've made my living as one or the other since I was 22. I now live an eccentric life in the middle of nowhere, Virginia with my charmingly straight-laced husband, two kids, and neurotic dogs. I'm the author of the Books of Faerie (LAMENT and BALLAD); the bestselling SHIVER trilogy (SHIVER, LINGER, FOREVER), and THE SCORPIO RACES .



Brilliant and true words of advice, from a brilliant writer!!

Love Maggie's books???

Join the club -

~V

4 comments:

  1. cant wait for ravens boys 2!! when is she writing it??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm assuming she is writing it now. When will it be published? Probably next Fall.

      ~V

      Delete
  2. I wonder if Shiver will become a movie. I read that they are talking about but i still have no clue.
    Do you know anything about the movie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that it was optioned and the rights were sold, but as of now, nothing. Probably wont either. The time of vampires and werewolves is sorta over and it's all about the dystopian now. Thats what film companies want to make. But maybe some day...

      ~V

      Delete