"No story lives on unless someone wants to listen. The stories we love best do live in us forever. So whether you come back by page or by the big screen. Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home." -- J.K. Rowling



Person: "What are you suppose to be?"
Me: *Points to ears* "I'm a dragon, duh!"

Please Don't Go, I'll Eat You Up I Love You So....

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Review: JUSTICE by Jade Varden!!

"When you build an entire life on a foundation of lies, it only takes one truth for the whole thing to come crashing down. I never invited the truth in. I never went searching for it. I never had any reason to suspect that the two people I loved most were dishonest with me every second of every day.

I made one bad decision, and in a single day my entire world changed. If I'm ever going to discover the truth about myself and my parents, I have to trace all the lies back to their source. I have to try to find the truth that they're hiding.

The more I discover about myself, and my past, the more I realize that lies really are better than the truth. But now that I know the lies are all around me, I can't stop until I've discovered them all. I'll pull each lie away, one by one, and examine it to see what's underneath...until this house of cards crumbles into dust at my feet.

I just hope I can survive the crash."



This book was a quick read - only 152 pages.

For the most part I enjoy Justice by Jade Varden. I know that it is  a  series so things will def be further explored, explained and executed later.

Rain was a interesting character and from the premise I was expecting a darker book, but it was pretty clean considering she is at a place surrounded by wealthy kids who have access to many things they otherwise would not, but that was okay. Rain was a well-developed character that had a clear voice that I really, really liked. She was not annoying and understood what she had to do to discover who she really is.

This book is littered with mysteries and it was pretty addictive! I mean I finished it in less than two hours, because even though somethings seemed a bit too coincidental, the unfolding of characters motives, histories and discoveries of lies were just fun! I wanted to know what happened  next.

This book does have a love triangle potential, but luckily the author avoids it, by making Rain pick who she likes best, pretty early one. So you dodge a speeding and annoying bullet there, at least for now. It is only the first book in a series so it will more than likely be explored some more.

The side characters, especially those like Carsyn were fun and well-developed and in the few pages, you did get an understanding of who they are and that is always good..

The writing was fast paced and descriptive without being overbearing and allowed for novel to transiton along pretty fast.

I enjoyed Justice by Jade Varden and will def check out it's sequels.

3.5 Hearts out of 5!!

Thoughts???

Buy Justice NOW!!: http://www.amazon.com/Justice-Deck-Lies-Jade-Varden/dp/1475243979/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

~V

2 comments:

  1. hhmm. never heard of it, but it sounds interesting. might need to check this out? thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete