"No story lives on unless someone wants to listen. The stories we love best do live in us forever. So whether you come back by page or by the big screen. Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home." -- J.K. Rowling



Person: "What are you suppose to be?"
Me: *Points to ears* "I'm a dragon, duh!"

Please Don't Go, I'll Eat You Up I Love You So....

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Cassandra Clare and Holly Black Team Up For New Book Series?!?!?

Lily Collins, Robert Sheehan and Jamie Campbell Bower on the set of "Mortal Instruments" "What's the only thing better than a brand new, just-announced series from two of our favorite authors? Um, nothing! Oh—that is, unless said series comes with some serious buzz attached and a full-blown movie deal already on the table...you know, kind of like what's happened with the shiny new venture by literary heavyweights Cassandra Clare and Holly Black.

The authors (of, respectively, the "Mortal Instruments" series and the "Spiderwick Chronicles") are collaborating on a five-book middle-grade saga about a 12-year-old boy on a journey of magical self-discovery, which will be published by Scholastic over the next several years. And the hullabaloo surrounding the deal is so intense that Constantin Films has already snapped up rights (led by the same producer who's handling the movie adaptation of "Mortal Instruments," so you know it's in good fanboy hands.)


"I feel incredibly lucky to be working with Constantin on a second project," Cassie told Hollywood Crush via email. "They really get stuff done and they really include me. I'm so excited they loved the story. And Holly would say she's thrilled to have had such a huge response from the publishing and entertainment communities to the project, and she can't wait to see it as a film. We promised each other if it got optioned we'd get matching tattoos so no backing out now! . . . .. . ."" READ THE REST! (http://hollywoodcrush.mtv.com/2012/04/19/cassandra-clare-holly-black-the-iron-trial/)

So I am incredibly late on this amazing tidbit of news, seeing how it came out in April, but still I am very excited and figured I would share with those, who like me, had no clue!!

What do you think???

Is this awesome?

Or do you prefer them to write separate works?

Only time will tell -

~V

1 comment:

  1. I've never read anything by Holly Black, but I adore Cassandra Clare. I guess I'll see if I like them writing together when the books come out :)

    P.S. I LOVE that pic from TMI! I've never seen it before!

    Jesse @ Pretty in Fiction

    ReplyDelete