"No story lives on unless someone wants to listen. The stories we love best do live in us forever. So whether you come back by page or by the big screen. Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home." -- J.K. Rowling



Person: "What are you suppose to be?"
Me: *Points to ears* "I'm a dragon, duh!"

Please Don't Go, I'll Eat You Up I Love You So....

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

J.K. Rowling's THE CASUAL VACANCY Cover Reveal!!!

"When Barry Fairbrother dies in his early forties, the town of Pagford is left in shock.

Pagford is, seemingly, an English idyll, with a cobbled market square and an ancient abbey, but what lies behind the pretty fa├žade is a town at war.

Rich at war with poor, teenagers at war with their parents, wives at war with their husbands, teachers at war with their pupils… Pagford is not what it first seems.

And the empty seat left by Barry on the parish council soon becomes the catalyst for the biggest war the town has yet seen. Who will triumph in an election fraught with passion, duplicity, and unexpected revelations?"



Have to admit, that this cover is really boring.

Yet, interesting.....

Yet, similar to something you would find in a dollar store.....

Either way! Cannot wait to read it.

Your thoughts on the cover???

Boring???

Wanted more???

Perfect!?

~V

2 comments:

  1. Haha yeah, wow.... I've got to admit I pretty much agree with you. I love simple covers, but...dollar store. You said it.

    It's quite possible that it will look WAYYYYY better when it's actually on a shiny new book. Right now it just doesn't even look like a book cover to me--I think seeing the bare image on a computer screen is what's throwing me off. Love the title, though. And I'm extremely intrigued to see her write something other than Harry Potter. Cool post!

    ~The Feather and the Rose~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you're right and it looks better on a shiny new book, because the cover as of now is underwhelming. and agreed! I love the title, as well. Can't wait for it, either way.

      ~V

      Delete