"No story lives on unless someone wants to listen. The stories we love best do live in us forever. So whether you come back by page or by the big screen. Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home." -- J.K. Rowling



Person: "What are you suppose to be?"
Me: *Points to ears* "I'm a dragon, duh!"

Please Don't Go, I'll Eat You Up I Love You So....

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Follow Friday (7-5-12)!!


The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee’s View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs!
Q: Jumping Genres: Ever pick up a book from a genre you usually don’t like and LOVE it? Tell us about it and why you picked it up in the first place.

This is a great and very tough question . . . . so my answer is I guess so - - -

The Sookie Stackhouse Series, which I loved, at least the first few books.

I haven't read any other book like that, though I'm not quite sure what kind of genre it would be considered. Perhaps, adult paranormal??

Either way, I haven't read any books similar to that series, though I know there are MANY more like it.

Other genre/books that I don't usually read, but loved would be Dan Brown novels such as The Da Vinci Code and The Lost Symbol.
  
Peace and Gravy,

~V

23 comments:

  1. Ditto with Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons. I loved those two books.-Jenese
    www.readersconfession.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! They are so good. Movies - not bad.

      ~V

      Delete
  2. I didn't like Dead Until Dark, but I've heard so many awesome things about the series as a whole that I want to try again with book 2 somewhere down the line. Happy Friday!
    My Friday Hops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only the first few are worth it really. Hope you read them.

      ~V

      Delete
  3. I love The Sookie series, the next to last one isn't my favorite but the others I devoured.

    MyFF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the first few books, but not rest. It all just became - blah.

      ~V

      Delete
  4. i've never heard of that book. I'll have to look into it! Happy friday! new follower!

    My F&F
    <3Inky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should def check it out! Thanks for the follow. Following in return -

      ~V

      Delete
  5. Hopping through. I only read the first Sookie book. I'd like to read more of them.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the first three or so. The rest are worth it, at least to me.

      ~V

      Delete
  6. I havent read the Sookie books, although I LOVE True Blood.

    New Follower via GFC

    -Amanda P
    Paranormal Romance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use to love True Blood, but not anymore. However, I still watch it....haha.

      ~V

      Delete
  7. I love the sookie stackhouse series, have a great weekend. I'm a new follower via e-mail.

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the first few Sookie Stackhouse books, though I haven't bothered to keep up with them. Happy Friday! Old follower. My Follow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither have I. They became way too - redic. Sorta like the show. ;~)

      ~V

      Delete
  9. Just hopping by, happy Friday.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-follow.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I've heard good things about the first few books. Sounds like a fun series.

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/07/follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. I love your blog style, by the way!

      ~V

      Delete
  11. Mhm...the Sookie Stackhouse Series is sooo long - I feel kind of intimidated. Also, I'm not sure I'll like it all that much. Then again, it might make me "jump" on the bandwagon :)
    I'm a new follower and you can find my FF here:
    http://booksmartie.blogspot.de/2012/07/feature-follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha. dont waste your time. it really is not worth it. Sookie books get really - silly

      ~V

      Delete
  12. Hey there! I just started following you from Feature and Follow!
    Here is my FF :
    http://cheerfulreviews.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-follow.html
    Thanks (:

    ReplyDelete