"No story lives on unless someone wants to listen. The stories we love best do live in us forever. So whether you come back by page or by the big screen. Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home." -- J.K. Rowling



Person: "What are you suppose to be?"
Me: *Points to ears* "I'm a dragon, duh!"

Please Don't Go, I'll Eat You Up I Love You So....

Thursday, April 12, 2012

J.K. Rowling's New Book Gets Title and Synopsis!!!


The Casual Vacancy!! 
When Barry Fairweather dies unexpectedly in his early forties, the little town of Pagford is left in shock.

Pagford is, seemingly, an English idyll, with a cobbled market square and an ancient abbey, but what lies behind the pretty façade is a town at war.

Rich at war with poor, teenagers at war with their parents, wives at war with their husbands, teachers at war with their pupils…Pagford is not what it first seems.

And the empty seat left by Barry on the parish council soon becomes the catalyst for the biggest war the town has yet seen. Who will triumph in an election fraught with passion, duplicity and unexpected revelations?

Blackly comic, thought-provoking and constantly surprising, The Casual Vacancy is J.K. Rowling’s first novel for adults.
I think is sounds really good.

I've read some people say it sounds boring, but this is an adult novel: not Harry Potter or a supernatural YA book, so I am very excited for it!! Plus you never know, there might be some creepy crawlies in it.....

My only complaint is the name Barry - seriously??? Harry....Barry.....Harry.....Barry....point made.

It is released on September 27!!!

Thoughts???

~V

3 comments:

  1. I'm kind of honestly afraid to read anything else by her. I mean, I loved Harry Potter so much and I'm afraid I'm going to be disappointed. That said, I'll still read whatever she puts out, because, it would be wrong not to lol.

    Jenny at Books to the Sky

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, first I've heard! I must admit, after wizards...anything is going to sound a bit boring. It has potential though, because I really do think that J.K Rowling has grown tremendously as a writer, so it's worth a shot a least!

    Plus, I had no idea that it was going to be released so soon!
    Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My only hope is that it's as good as the Harry Potter series. It's got to be a little tough to beat that! I'm a new follower :D

    I currently have a giveaway running on my blog if you'd like to check it out HERE

    Rabiah
    Confessions of a Readaholic

    ReplyDelete