"No story lives on unless someone wants to listen. The stories we love best do live in us forever. So whether you come back by page or by the big screen. Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home." -- J.K. Rowling



Person: "What are you suppose to be?"
Me: *Points to ears* "I'm a dragon, duh!"

Please Don't Go, I'll Eat You Up I Love You So....

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Tessa Gratton's THE BLOOD KEEPER Cover!!!!!


"A stand-alone companion novel to BLOOD MAGIC, coming August 28th, 2012 from Random House Children’s Books.

Paranormal romance fans who are looking to up the ante will be drawn to this tale of horror, fantasy, and romance. For Mab Prowd, the practice of blood magic is as natural as breathing. It’s all she’s ever known. Growing up on an isolated farm in Kansas with other practitioners may have kept her from making friends her own age, but it has also given her a sense of purpose—she’s connected to the land and protective of the magic. And she is able to practice it proudly and happily out in the open with only the crows as her companions. Mab will do anything to keep the ancient practice alive and guard its secrets. But one morning while she is working out a particularly tricky spell she encounters Will, a local boy who is trying to exorcise some mundane personal demons. He experiences Mab’s magic in a way his mind cannot comprehend and is all too happy to end their chance meeting. But secrets that were kept from Mab by the earlier generations of blood magicians have come home to roost. And she and Will are drawn back together, time again by this dangerous force looking to break free from the earth and reclaim its own dark power."

First and foremost - This cover?!?!?

LOVE IT!

So awesome....

I read Tessa's first book Blood Magic and loved it!! I have never read anything like it and was surprised by the fact that the element of blood wasn't just a title zinger, but was actually relevant and pretty prominent in the novel. Tessa goes there -wherever there is..... ;~)))

I still remember the amazing first chapter by heart: " I am Josephine Darly, and I intend to live forever."

I just love it....

I read the book long before I had  blog, but I think I am now going to review it so I can share my thoughts on it's awesomeness!!


Thoughts????

~V

3 comments:

  1. You should definitely go back and review the book. I also liked it and am excited for this next one! I got to meet Tessa Gratton last summer when she was at a Maggie Stiefvater event unannounced. Check out my review and picture with her here:
    http://misclisa.blogspot.com/2011/08/blood-magic-by-tessa-gratton.html
    http://misclisa.blogspot.com/2011/07/my-table-of-ya-recommendations-at-my-b.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://inthenownovels.blogspot.com/


      Check it out please and follow and Comment and post and do anything you can think of but please promote(:
      Thanks Riley

      Delete
  2. http://inthenownovels.blogspot.com/


    Check it out please and follow and Comment and post and do anything you can think of but please promote(:
    Thanks Riley

    ReplyDelete