"No story lives on unless someone wants to listen. The stories we love best do live in us forever. So whether you come back by page or by the big screen. Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home." -- J.K. Rowling



Person: "What are you suppose to be?"
Me: *Points to ears* "I'm a dragon, duh!"

Please Don't Go, I'll Eat You Up I Love You So....

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Follow Friday!! 3-8-12

Gain New Blog Followers

Q: Have you ever looked at book's cover and thought, This is going to horrible? But, was instead pleasantly surprised? Show us the cover and tell us about the book.

A: Hhhmmmmm. Well, I remember seeing Harry Potter in stores when I lived in Germany at like age 6 or 7 and thinking it looked dumb.....well, we all know that is not the case. Recently -- Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi . The cover is def not that appealing or give any hit to how awesome the book is, like, at all. The US version of Philip Pullmans His Dark Materials is another example of not so great covers, but great books.

~V

14 comments:

  1. Hmm, interesting! I actually loved its cover (and the story) but I do agree with the HP covers :P Thanks for the follow and stopping by! I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also didn't mind the cover for this one :) Thanks for stopping by, I'm now your newest follower!

    Book Enslaved

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping through. I'm ambivalent about that cover. I do want to read the book though.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually think the cover is okay, but the story itself was a little Meh for me. It was like reading the prequel to X-men and I found the main character a little insipid. Anyway, new follower, here's mine http://kristyberridge.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha I actually LOVE the cover! I read the book based solely on seeing the cover. I had no clue what it would be about but wanted to read it. New follower through GFC and RSS.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the Shatter Me cover that's what drew me to the book in the first place, new follower, here's mine

    http://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/feature-and-follow-friday-18.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. You lived in Germany. Awesome! I am from Germany :)
    Don't like the Harry Potter covers either, but I think the Shatter Me one is pretty.
    Happy Friday! GFC follower
    FollowFriday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, the H.P covers are not that great. And I haven't yet read Shatter Me, but I like the cover. :)

    Thanks for stopping by my FF. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great answer - I was going to mention Harry Potter in my answer too! I don't mind the cover of Shatter Me but it is quite boring!

    Hope you have a great weekend!
    Stephanie
    P.S. Don’t forget to enter my International Giveaway of 3 books, a journal, bookmarks and more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just hopping by, have a happy Friday!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/03/feature-follow_09.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! Have a happy Friday! New follower here. Here's my FF link:

    http://bookedupbloggers.blogspot.com/2012/03/feature-and-follow-friday-1.html

    Jessica from Booked Up! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whenever I see that cover, I think of the girl falling into the water. Doesn't the lines coming out of her body seem that way?

    Good choice!

    http://brunettelibrarian.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. That cover doesn't scream "read me" when I see it. Thanks for stopping by my FF. Following back!
    Happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  14. I actually love his cover! It's really appealing for me. Funny how opinions can be so different ^^

    ReplyDelete