"No story lives on unless someone wants to listen. The stories we love best do live in us forever. So whether you come back by page or by the big screen. Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home." -- J.K. Rowling



Person: "What are you suppose to be?"
Me: *Points to ears* "I'm a dragon, duh!"

Please Don't Go, I'll Eat You Up I Love You So....

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

PERCY JACKSON's Author Rick Riordan New God Series to Deal With Norse Mythology!!

Rick Riordan is going to write a new series about gods of myth and lore. He has done Greek and Egyptian and will now do Norse mythology!

He Says:

“The Norse gods are so wild. They have this wild, barbaric energy you don’t associate with the Greeks.”

“There are so many fantastic stories and I want to bring Thor and Odin and the other gods into the modern world, just like I did with the Greeks and Percy Jackson,” Riordan said. “I’ll give the books an urban setting and have young people interacting with the Norse gods.”

The series is only plotted in generality and is not expected to hit shelves until after 2015, since Riordan is still working on the Kane Chronicles and The Heroes of Olympus!

Thoughts?

Are you excited for the Norse Mythology??

Hope he does Chinese Mythology, like I really hope he does?!?!

Let Me Know!

~Valen S.

4 comments:

  1. I'm ridiculously excited about this one, though 2015 is so far away! It's not so much that it's Norse Mythology, I just have loved every single Rick Riordan book that I've read so far, so I'm sure I'll enjoy those too! I'm looking forward to picking up Son of Neptune later today!
    Courtney @ Fuzzy.Coffee.Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ BookJunkie, I'm xcited as well and agreed, 2015 is a loooong ways away. Hope you enjoy Son of Neptune!!

    ~V

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh, that should be exciting. With the thor movie having come out I am even more interested in stories about big burly men with accents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude, this sounds fantastic! I love Thor and Loki and Arsgard!

    ReplyDelete