"No story lives on unless someone wants to listen. The stories we love best do live in us forever. So whether you come back by page or by the big screen. Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home." -- J.K. Rowling



Person: "What are you suppose to be?"
Me: *Points to ears* "I'm a dragon, duh!"

Please Don't Go, I'll Eat You Up I Love You So....

Saturday, September 24, 2011

My First ARC!! ABARAT: ABSOLUTE MIDNIGHT by Clive Barker!!


I received my first ARC, ever, yesterday and I swear, I went "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!" My first ARC is the best ARC I could have ever received, 'cus I have been waiting more then SIX WHOLE years for this book and to be given an ARC is amazing!

I was contacted by a book agent who stumbled across my posts and tweets about the Books of Abarat series and she asked me if I would be interested in receiving an advance copy of Absolute Midnight, by Clive Barker for review. I of course said yes, since Abarat is my third favorite series ever, just after Harry Potter and The Gemma Doyle trilogy by Libba Bray and tied with (surpassing) The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini and opening up the package in the mail yesterday, was amazing!

Well, it's not technically an Advanced Readers Copy, so much as the actual book, edited and all, but still, its amazing! The book hasn't even came out yet and I got a copy, for free ---- awesome sauce!!

Abarat: Absolute Midnight, comes out September 27, which is this coming Tuesday!

Will be devouring and savoring this book asap!

The Books of Abarat

Book One: Abarat


Book Two: Abarat - Days of Magic, Nights of War


Book Three: Abarat - Absolute Midnight


                            


Followed by The Dynasty for Dreamers

and

The Eternal!

Some captivating artwork, done by the author himself, from the series!











It is all, simply amazing.

Peace and Gravy,

~Valen

And if you have not read this series yet, then you really must. It is brilliant. I really can't describe it. Its both a literature and an art, masterpiece.

3 comments:

  1. Woohoo!!! Congratulations :)

    Getting an ARC is very exciting - and even more so when it is a book you really want to read! I hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got a review copy! I love when kismet happens like that! :D I'm still super excited when ever I ger review copies of PNR. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Chrissie, thank you! It was very excited and I still can't really believe it!

    @Niina, firstly, awesome!--- I have never read or heard anyone say kismet but myself and whenever I do, people look at me like I'm crazy and secondly, thanks! It was a very surreal day!

    ~V

    ReplyDelete