"No story lives on unless someone wants to listen. The stories we love best do live in us forever. So whether you come back by page or by the big screen. Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home." -- J.K. Rowling



Person: "What are you suppose to be?"
Me: *Points to ears* "I'm a dragon, duh!"

Please Don't Go, I'll Eat You Up I Love You So....

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Follow Friday (5)!

Follow Friday!

Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted my Parajunkee  and Alison Can Read! You follow, they follow and gain blogger buddies!!

'If you are new to the #FF fun, Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, myself of course and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!

Now to make this #FF interesting we do a FEATURE blogger. If you are interested in becoming a Feature click on the drop down link above FEATURES > Feature & Follow Friday and get on the waiting list! It is also required, that if you participate you must follow the hosts (
Parajunkee & Alison Can Read) and the two Feature blogs.'

This Weeks Question --

Q. What book that hasn't been turned into a movie (yet) would you most like to see make it to the big screen, and who would you like cast as your favorite character?
This is a tough and great question!

I would love for there to be a remake of Eragon and the Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini, but this time done right. Like have Guillermo del Toro or some other major fantasy director caretake it and make it amazing! Cast members??? Not a clue . . .

I would also really love to see Libba Bray's A Great and Terrible Beauty and the rest of the Gemma Doyle trilogy become movies, directed by someone who knows how to do a period piece, like whoever directed Kate Blanchett in Victoria: The Golden Age. It could be a great entertaining film that also recieves Oscar buzz! Cast members?? No clue either . . .

I also think that Beth Revis's Across the Universe and Andrea Cremer's Nighshade series would make absolutely brilliant TV shows, on HBO or Showtime or some big, good network!

Thoughts??

What books do you want to be films???

~Valen

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I know what you mean about wanting to see book-to-movies redone correctly!

    New follower! :)

    My FF: http://thedeltaquadrant.blogspot.com/2011/09/follow-friday-voyage-home.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree that if something is going to be adapted into film it needs to be done right. That is always the danger with changing something from one medium to another.

    And do you find it interesting how well so many great YA books / series lend themselves to potentially being TV shows? I know I do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through. I could see the Gemma Doyle books being fabulous movies. I'm surprised they haven't been made.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Great and Terrible Beauty and the Gemma Doyle Trilogy seems like a good movie-to-be. I haven't read those but heard lots of good things.

    I hope you can check out My Hops if you have time =)

    New follower,
    April @ Books4Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh...I would love to see Eragon done right!! I cried when I left that movie--it was so bad!!

    My Friday Memes

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why didn't I think of AGandTB! YES YES YES! And I absolutely agree with you about Eragon- it was so disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nightshade is an awesome choice! I would love to see that made into a movie :) I love watching shifters and werewolves when they shift! It looks so cool :) Old follower!

    My Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes! Lots of great choices! I would love to see any of these on screen. I remember Libba Bray's series had been picked up for rights to be made into a movie, but haven't heard anything more. The costumes for that movie would have been amazing! Nightshade would also be a really cool movie. I'd love to see Ren in the flesh!

    New Follower!
    My Follow Friday
    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love the Gemma Doyle series to become a movie! It's one of my favorite series. Great choice! New follower, hopping through :)

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  11. New Follower passing through I haven't seen anyone this book yet.

    ReplyDelete