"No story lives on unless someone wants to listen. The stories we love best do live in us forever. So whether you come back by page or by the big screen. Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home." -- J.K. Rowling



Person: "What are you suppose to be?"
Me: *Points to ears* "I'm a dragon, duh!"

Please Don't Go, I'll Eat You Up I Love You So....

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Follow Friday (4)!

Follow Friday!

Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted my Parajunkee  and Alison Can Read! You follow, they follow and gain blogger buddies!!

'If you are new to the #FF fun, Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, myself of course and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!

Now to make this #FF interesting we do a FEATURE blogger. If you are interested in becoming a Feature click on the drop down link above FEATURES > Feature & Follow Friday and get on the waiting list! It is also required, that if you participate you must follow the hosts (
Parajunkee & Alison Can Read) and the two Feature blogs.'

This Weeks Question --
Q. It's that pesky magic book fairy again! She has another wish: What imaginary book world would you like to make a reality?


Like Alison, from Alison Can Read said, Harry Potter, of course, is the obvious answer and though if I could make the Wizadry World real, I would in a heartbeat, I think I'm gonna have to contemplate this for a few seconds . . . .

hrrmmmmmm . . . . . .

(me, contemplating)

Too hard to pick one, so here is a quick list!

1. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling ~ One of the best, if not THE best fantasy world ever! Greatest childhood memories, tend to be Harry Potter related!
2. Abarat Series by Clive Barker~ Without a doubt, one of the best book series I have ever read. The world of Abarat is fantastical and scary and if you love fantasy, you must read it. If you don't love fantasy, then you must still read it!
3. The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini ~I'm not a big fan of epic fantasy, but this series has managed to trap me and I can not wait to read the final installment, Inheritance! The world of Alagaesia just seems amazing! Plus, dragons?? Dragons!!
4. Sweetly and Sisters Red (Fairytale Retellings) by Jackson Pearce ~ I love how dark, yet beautiful this world and these books are and though I might be fighting for my life all the time, this is one intricate, marvelous world!

What world do you want to exist?

Let me know!

Follow Me - I Follow You!!

Peace and Gravy,

~V

11 comments:

  1. Hi & Happy Friday!

    A great answer! I chose Nevernever from Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey series.

    My FF, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com/2011/09/follow-friday-16th-september.html

    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your answers. Especially Alagaesia cause that is what I picked. I also totally agree with Jackson Pearces Fairytale retellings worlds. Maybe I should check out Abarat if you liked it so much. New Follower. =]
    Here is my FF.
    http://thebookshelfreview.blogspot.com/2011/09/follow-friday1.html#comments

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of Jackson Pearce's fairytale retellings, but they sound really cool! Thanks for stopping by my blog and following, following you back :0)

    Sarah @ The Book Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are just so many good answers for this one!

    Hopping through.

    http://readingtopenguins.blogspot.com/2011/09/following-friday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of those series you've listed, I've only read the Harry Potter series. I hope to get to the others eventually. Also, I notice you're currently reading Eden, hope you're enjoying it! I really liked it. New follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting answers! You should definitely read the Vampire Academy series. It's great. Am now following your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!

    Livin' Life Through Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a feeling many of us are going to say the Potter world. I was also one of those people.
    Black Disaster Fairy

    A World of Personality

    For the L♥ve of Reading

    UnRead Brains Eat Bloody Words

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I really wish that I've read the Harry Potter series! Every time I hear something about it, I think, Why haven't I read this yet?? But I am definitely going to start soon! :)

    Thanks so much for stopping by, Valen! I'm following you back for sure!

    Hope you have an amazing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definitely agree with Harry Potter. I didn't pick it, but it would be awesome to be a witch/wizard :)
    New follower!
    My Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are some very intriguing answers with a few I haven't heard of but will look up. We seem to watch a lot of the same shows too so I look forward to reading more from you. I'm your newest follower and would love for you to visit me when you get a chance.....

    http://wowfromthescarfprincess.blogspot.com/2011/09/follow-friday_15.html

    ReplyDelete