"No story lives on unless someone wants to listen. The stories we love best do live in us forever. So whether you come back by page or by the big screen. Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home." -- J.K. Rowling



Person: "What are you suppose to be?"
Me: *Points to ears* "I'm a dragon, duh!"

Please Don't Go, I'll Eat You Up I Love You So....

Friday, July 8, 2011

Veronica Roths' Divergent Playlist!

1.“Starts With One” by Shiny Toy Guns
  • This song gets me in touch with the good aspects of Beatrice’s chosen faction.
2. “Chasm” by Flyleaf
  • And this song gets me in touch with the bad aspects of Beatrice’s chosen faction.
3. “Come Alive” by Foo Fighters
  • This is the love interest’s song for Beatrice.
4. “Again” by Flyleaf
  • And this is Beatrice’s song for the love interest.
5. “Help I’m Alive” by Metric
  • Beatrice’s initiation song.
6. “We Die Young” by The Showdown
  • This might as well be the theme song for Beatrice’s chosen faction—it’s what they would choose for themselves.
7. “Canvas” by Imogen Heap
  • This is the “riding on trains” song.
8. “Running Up That Hill” by Placebo
  • The tone of this song matches the tone of much of the book, for me.
9. “Sweet Sacrifice” by Evanescence
  • I was listening to this song when the first scene I wrote (in chapter 6) popped into my head. That scene led me to the world of the book and its basic plot.
10. “Arise” by Flyleaf
  • A powerful song that’s perfect for chapters 38 and 39.

No comments:

Post a Comment