"No story lives on unless someone wants to listen. The stories we love best do live in us forever. So whether you come back by page or by the big screen. Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home." -- J.K. Rowling



Person: "What are you suppose to be?"
Me: *Points to ears* "I'm a dragon, duh!"

Please Don't Go, I'll Eat You Up I Love You So....

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Game of Thrones Season Finale!! wooooah..

The season finale of the first season of HBO's Game of Thrones ended about an hour ago and I am still registering all that happened....

Lets just say, it was awesome!!!

I haven't read the books and don't plan to, only because high fantasy books aren't for me. I just can't get into them - the only high fantasy that I have ever been able to read is the Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini, which is totally awesome!! ... but anyways, Game of Thrones ended and it was brilliant.

(edit: It slipped my mind that I have read The Sword of Truth Series by Terry Goodkind, which is awesome high fantasy and also, I've already started going through GOT withdrawl, so I might just read the books, so I can get a fix -- fast!)


Best Credits Opening Ever!!!




 The last minute had me screaming, literally, in excitement!

SPOILERSPOILERSPOILER!!!!

There was not one, but THREE dragons!!!!

Anyone who knows me, knows that I love dragons. They are my favorite animal and they don't even exist!!

The show ends with Daenerys, sitting in the smoking remnants of the pyre in which she just burned her beloved Drogo (so sad), and she is covered in ash, as she cradles something in her hand and then a dragon crawls up on her shoulder.

AWESOME SAUCE!!!!

She stands up, her faithful people bow, as three dragons cling to her and one ( who looks alot like a Hungarian Horntail) roars/squeals into the blackening screen.

This has seriously been one of the best shows I've ever watched. It was soooo good and complex and compelling and though it was fantasy related, it wasn't all about magick, which was different, yet refreshing.

I can't believe I have to wait til next year for the next season . . .jeez, it is so far away, but I will def be buying the first season on bluray.

Def!

Game of Thrones, you are awesome!!

Rest in Peace:

Eddard.

Robert.

Drogo.

Viserys.

Horse 1.

Horse 2.

Reptile Baby.

And anyone else I might have missed! 


Did you watch GOT? What did you think?

And True Blood premieres in its stead, next week...Not so sure how I'm going to like this season, but we shall see!




No comments:

Post a Comment