"No story lives on unless someone wants to listen. The stories we love best do live in us forever. So whether you come back by page or by the big screen. Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home." -- J.K. Rowling



Person: "What are you suppose to be?"
Me: *Points to ears* "I'm a dragon, duh!"

Please Don't Go, I'll Eat You Up I Love You So....

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Review: WILL GRAYSON, WILL GRAYSON by John Green and David Levithan

Author: John Green and David Levithan
Release Date: April 6, 2010
Age Group: Young Adult
Publisher: Dutton Juvenile
Page Count: 304
Available At?: Amazon, B&N, Books-A-Million and Author's Site



The Real Lives of the American Teenagers!!

Here is a Description:

'One cold night, in a most unlikely corner of Chicago, two teens—both named Will Grayson—are about to cross paths. As their worlds collide and intertwine, the Will Graysons find their lives going in new and unexpected directions, building toward romantic turns-of-heart and the epic production of history’s most fabulous high school musical.
Hilarious, poignant, and deeply insightful, John Green and David Levithan’s collaborative novel is brimming with a double helping of the heart and humor that have won both them legions of faithful fans.'

The Cover: The cover doesn't have a specific meaning to the story, but for me I think it symbolizes the fast and blurring moments of life. That life is filled with times when things are disoriented and confusing, but you have to find your way  to get what you want. Also, in a literal sense, its a party scene, with flashing lights, sooooo, party!!

First Line: "When I was little, my dad used to tell me, 'Will, you can pick your friends, and you  can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose.'"

My Thoughts . . . .

So let me just say, this book was completely and utterly dumb!  . . . . Kidding, completely kidding! This book was one of the funniest and most brilliant books I have read in a long while. I had it for a few months and it was signed no less, by both of the amazing authors, but I kept putting it off, but . . .I'm just glad that I finally read it.

The characters were completely original and real. I had friends that acted just like these characters and even I acted like these characters, sometimes. ; <)

I'm not sure how to accurately describe these characters, but I promise, they were just like people you have met before, even Tiny reminded me of my old high school friend, though Tiny was 85% more over the top, but in the best way possible.

I really enjoyed how the story rotated from the povs of the different Will Graysons and how they were completely different, each with their funny, sarcastic personalities, that at the same time was sad and endearing.

The story was completely hilarious, but the funniness of it didn't in anyway deter me from getting the meaning behind the story.

You have to learn to love yourself and who you are, before you love someone else and more importantly, be happy with yourself.

This book is funny, sweet and inspirational and everyone should read it. Now. Really, go get it!!

Story: 5/5
Pace: 5/5
Originality: 5/5
Characters: 5.5/5
Writing: 5/5
Ending: 5/5

With A Total of 5.1 out of 5!!

Visit The Authors Now!!:

David Levithan http://www.davidlevithan.com/ AND John Green http://johngreenbooks.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment