"No story lives on unless someone wants to listen. The stories we love best do live in us forever. So whether you come back by page or by the big screen. Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home." -- J.K. Rowling



Person: "What are you suppose to be?"
Me: *Points to ears* "I'm a dragon, duh!"

Please Don't Go, I'll Eat You Up I Love You So....

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Lauren Oliver's Awesome Contest!!

Lauren Oliver, author of Before I Fall and the most awesomest Delirium is holding a contest on her blog for her new book that comes out in October. Its her first book for a younger audience, middle-grade to be exact and it looks really grool and spooky, like a Grimm Brother's fairytale! Grool!

The book is called Liesl and Po:


"We meet Liesl the night after the day her young father has died. That same day she is visited by a ghost, Po, an eight year old boy who lives on the other side, the territory between life and death that runs parallel to the living world. Po has come to tell her that her father is stuck on the other side, and that she is the only one who can help him cross over. A couple of wooden boxes. Some ashes. Some magic dust. A ghost, its pet, and a boy who forgot to wear a hat in the cold. From these seemingly odd, random characters Oliver weaves the enchanting story of how, with the aid of Liesl, these elements come together over the course of one week to restore love and luster to a world gone grey and heartless."


I am soooo XCITED about this book and I can not wait to read it!!


And Here Are The Contest Rules From Lauren's Site!!:

"I am so, so, excited about what I have to share with you today...Advance Readers Copies of my new middle-grade book, LIESL & PO!! Some of the sketches aren't final, but the ARCs come swaddled in this absolutely gorgeous box; check out the pictures below. Isn't it magic??

DON'T YOU WANT ONE???

Well, GOOD. Because I'm giving away THREE COPIES NOW, and I'll give away THREE COPIES EACH MONTH until the book comes out in October.

You might be asking--Why am I so nice? Because I love you, of course!

You might ALSO be asking, how do I enter to win?? Well, in this round, I'm going to keep it simple. You get +1 entry for responding to this post (with your email, of course), and telling me what your favorite book was when you were a little kid. (Mine was probably Matilda, by Roald Dahl, or the Redwall Series, by the brilliant and recently deceased Brian Jacques). Please remember to include your email address!
Additionally, you get +2 for being a follower of my blog, and + 3 for twittering about it. If you do a blog post about the contest/my first foray into middle-grade, you get a whopping +4!
"



p.s. the best part about this contest is that the book isn't just being given away to bloggers who have high stats and followers. everyone has a chance to get an ARC of Liesl and Po!!


No comments:

Post a Comment