"No story lives on unless someone wants to listen. The stories we love best do live in us forever. So whether you come back by page or by the big screen. Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home." -- J.K. Rowling



Person: "What are you suppose to be?"
Me: *Points to ears* "I'm a dragon, duh!"

Please Don't Go, I'll Eat You Up I Love You So....

Saturday, February 12, 2011

PARANORMALCY by Kiersten White

Paranormalcy is a book that deals with magic, fey, vampires, werewolves and so much more.

Heres A Description:

'Evie’s always thought of herself as a normal teenager, even though she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she’s falling for a shape-shifter, and she’s the only person who can see through paranormals’ glamours.
But Evie’s about to realize that she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.
So much for normal.'

First let me say that I really liked the first half of this book; it had me laughing and cheering Ev on. It was great and reminded me of Buffy, though Evie was a little flaky. The plot was great and had awesome potential, but it let me down, sadly. One minute she is all brave and ready to kick butt, then the next she's crying. Alot. She says she doesn't ever cry, but thats all she seems to do. SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER Her best friend, Lish dies and she claims she was like family, but a day later she is all concerned about going to prom. Tre, tre lame. Also, in the begining Evie was completely self-sufficient, but as soon as Lend came into the picture all of her being became obessed and revolved around him.  Its gross how so many YA books with a female protaganist need a guy to make her better.

The dialogue was very good, especailly Vivian (not Ev), filled with wit and awesomness. The story went by way too fast and minor characters were really annoying and became buddies with Ev sooo quickly, that I thought they would turn out to be evil or something. Lend was an alright love interest, but he went from a sorta oblivious, alienish character in the begining of the book to a normal teenager which kind of threw me off. The ending was good, but way too easily resolved and predictable.

The Fey in this book are very creepy and cool. They more so embody how the Fey should act then in most books I have read that feature them and I loved every scene with the crazy, yet somehow alluring Reth. He is something else. Raquel was also a great character and I hope to see more of her in the next installments. I will read the sequels in hopes that they get better and I might even purchase them..

Story: 4/5
Pace: 3.5/5
Originality: 3.5/5
Characters: 3/5
Writing: 3.5/5
Ending: 3.5/5

Total Score is 3.5!

No comments:

Post a Comment