"No story lives on unless someone wants to listen. The stories we love best do live in us forever. So whether you come back by page or by the big screen. Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home." -- J.K. Rowling



Person: "What are you suppose to be?"
Me: *Points to ears* "I'm a dragon, duh!"

Please Don't Go, I'll Eat You Up I Love You So....

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

L.K. Madigan Has Passed Away


After annoucing on her LiveJournal last month that she had been dianosged with stage IV pancreatic cancer, author L.K. Madigan died today, visit her site, for her story: http://lkmadigan.livejournal.com/185246.html


Amazon Bio: L.K. Madigan lives in Portland, Oregon, with her husband, son, two big black dogs, hundreds of books ... and quite a few items of mermaid memorabilia. You can learn more about Lisa at her website: http://www.lkmadigan.com/.

L.K. wrote two incredible books: The Mermaid's Mirror and Flash Burnout which you  can order here: http://www.amazon.com/L.-K.-Madigan/e/B00383MS42/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1

"I’ve been lucky for twenty years. I was diagnosed with breast cancer at age 27, and I didn’t expect to make it to 32. But I did, and once I passed that five-year mark … I started to think I was going to live. At age 34, I had my beautiful son. Two years ago, my dream of being a published author came true. And during these twenty years, my beloved has been by my side. We rode the marriage roller coaster together, sometimes laughing and sometimes screaming.

So lucky.

I’m not angry about the diagnosis. How can I feel angry when I had this gift of time? I’m not even afraid of dying. We all die, and I made my peace with that a long time ago."


On her LiveJournal she said that she had so many ideas for books in her head, but now she will never get to see them come to life and that is so true and incredibly sad. Life is hard people and things that are thrown at you are even harder. Follow your dreams (corny but true) and dont let anyone tell you can't or wont'(!) because you can.

Please keep her and her family in your thoughts! L.K, you will be missed. . . .

Everyone HAS a Voice!

No comments:

Post a Comment